Sunday, July 14, 2013

Another award winning cake

Oh well, no words can express how excited I am. Shortly after 2 weeks, Cakes Decor present me another Top 3 award for My Flower Girl cake.

This cake was inspired by a picture I saw on Google. The moment I saw the flower girl dress, I immediately fall in love with it. Inspiration is just something will strike by day by day. And this is it.. so much in love that I have decided to turn it into a cake.

First thing first, making sugar flower is a tiring project, and I have to make 4 different types of flowers for this cake. Rose, sweet pea, hydrangea and filler flowers. Sugar flowers are so fragile and which resulting I have to sort of double up what I am doing cos I know I am a clumsy person when it comes to putting so many flowers together on a cake. Breakage is unavoidable. Nevertheless, I am so proud of what I did and yes, my cake was in the number 1 position. Thanks Cakes Decor for making it happened. And all my fans out there! Love!

My Inspiration from the flower girl dress...


My positing at Cakes Decor


My Award


And behind the scenes of roses waiting to get dust


Sweet Peas

No comments:

Post a Comment